- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups frozen broad beans
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 200 grams tender stem broccoli, remove stems
- 1/4 cup pinenuts, toasted
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup mixed salad leaves or a mix of spinach and rocket
- 25 black olives (no stones), halved
- 3 quarters of a preserved lemon (or equivalent)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (or vegan substitute)
- 1 garlic, finely chopped
- seasoning to taste
- Cook the quinoa in a pot of water according to the manufacturer's instructions, usually around 15 minutes, then drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, add the broad beans to salted boiling water, and cook for two minutes before adding the peas and broccoli. Cook for another two minutes, then drain and leave to cool.
- Chop the spring onions, mint, parsley and olives and add to a bowl with the mixed salad leaves.
- Remove the pulp of from the inside of the preserved lemon (discard the pulp), and keep the rind. Give the rinds a quick rinse under some tap water, then chop into small pieces, and add to the same bowl.
- To make the dressing, in a separate bowl mix together the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey and seasoning to taste.
- Finally, mix all the components together, serve and enjoy!